What was the last movie you’ve seen?

Posted In: general chat forum

• Participant
        maestro on #523

To get the god awful scenes of Kurt Russel in Star Force Soldier out of my head ( which couldnt even be made enjoyable by hidden blade runner references or having him say only around 3 words in the entire movie ) i was watching Equilibrium for the 1084th time again. What a great movie that is!

Brilliant action scenes and cool clothes, what else do you need 8)

What was the last movie you‘ve thrown into the player?

• Participant
        ashiri on #4658

the last movie i saw was an anime called escaflowne its difficult to describe but i do recomend you watch it it is filled with action which by the post on this thread i think youll enjoy. wonderful movie really.
        Ashiri 8)

• Participant
        navre on #4659

before you watch the movie escaflone watch the series
        kinda like putting the cart before th horse

• Participant
        maestro on #4660

if you haven’t already M, go see Ultraviolet. Same director, so much more of his “Gun kata” stuff. Not as good a plot as Equilibrium, but still pretty enjoyable.

Last movie I saw was V for Vendetta, which rocks massively.

• Participant
        maestro on #4661

i thought i’d wait for a theater release, but as with equilibrium they obviously only bring it only on dvd and leave the cinema to the gay cowboys.

Ok, then i’ll watch it at home ..like tomorrow 😛

• Participant
        mybloodymartianluv on #4662

Equilibrium, is indeed, “the movie” .
        The thought of a martial arts discipline,
        that effectively deals with virtually any
        situation. With close to a hundred percent,
        of effectiveness. Drives me insane,,, 😈

The story line , is also good.
        Humanity’s esmotions, being taken away
        on purpose. That does not sound
        farfetched to me at all.

Now, weren’t we supossed to be the
        antisocial weirdos ?
        But put power in the wrong hands,
        and corruption , will hang around you,
        until he makes you it’s very own.

Thankfully , there are still those ,
        who will not let themselves be
        corrupted. I believe and follow
        those, for we must mever relinquish
        our freedom . The very one delivered
        by God , to us…

• Participant
        ashiri on #4663

you are not the only one who has suggested watching the series first, but unfortunatly i had no choice in which order i watched them. you see it hasnt been on for me anyway since 1999. or so i hear. anyway its still a great movie. wouldnt you agree?
        Ashiri

• Participant
        maestro on #4664

@Vorsuc wrote:

if you haven’t already M, go see Ultraviolet. Same director, so much more of his “Gun kata” stuff. Not as good a plot as Equilibrium, but still pretty enjoyable.

As it seems it really won’t be released in theaters here. The copy VTK intelligence could *caugh* gather has a sucky audio track and people walking through the picture.
        My impression is it might be great though, so i’d be happy to see it in higher quality the first time.

@Vorsuc wrote:

Last movie I saw was V for Vendetta, which rocks massively.

YES! V’s dialogue was even witty and fun in the german translation, which means it must have absolutely rocked in english 😀
        I had the feeling they cgi’d his mask so it sometimes implies a facial expression, maybe it was only the great acting, though. Blowing up parliament, what a great scene! The end was a bit kitsch, but i loved that film overall.

• Participant
        draven on #4665

V For Vendetta was absolutely amazing, it had me in awe for weeks. But the last film I watched was Reservoir Dogs. I’ve always loved that movie, great dialogue, great characters and very memorable scenes 😀

• Participant
        thesunsetter on #4666

I need to see that man, well after watching The Karate Kid for the first time when i noticed the second one on Sky Movies this morning i had to see it, lol, tis sooo good, well i thought twas wierd the guy in it looks like 5 but he’s meant to be around 18…

• Participant
        emissary on #4667

Well, V for Vendetta has been absolutely great !!!
        But Doom the movie has rocked everything, the ego point of view near the end of the movie has been that cool !!!

M do you remember that LAN night, playing to Full Metal Jacket all the time in the background? 😉

• Participant
        maestro on #4668

my mind keeps flashbacking quotes from FMJ..

• Participant
        thesunsetter on #4669

me and my lady watched Blade then Wishmaster yesterday, Blade is probably my favorite film ever, the second was amazing, and the third, less so lol, and Wishmaster is one of the best films ever too, my favorite Wes Craven film, second was amazing, third was good, haven’t seen the forth, still really good job from Criss Angel (director of the 3rd ad 4th) did a good job considering he was following up 2 Wes Craven films…

• Participant
        coldblood on #4670

the most recent things i’ve watched are corpse bride and V for Vendetta.

• Participant
        lovewithdiamonds on #4671

The last movie I watched was yesterday – Pirates of the Carribean 2, Dead Man’s Chest…
        Which was fecking long and clearly set itself up for a Part 3. What the fuck?

While I think a man in eye liner is hot….there’s only so much of pirates and Keira Knightley that I can handle…. and Orlando Bloom is too much of a pretty boy in that movie…. he was way hotter in Lord of The Rings…

So I’d say that was a complete waste of two-and-a-bit hours for me…

• Participant
        thesunsetter on #4672

Yeah I didn’t like the second one too much, was too much ruined by it being a big hit sequal. And oh how I hate Orlando Bloom, everything he says he has to make sound so epic, Jonny Depp was good in it though.
        I’m watching the new Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, all in all I really don’t like it. Might see what else is on…

• Participant
        draven on #4673

Ive always hated Orlando Bloom as an actor, and its not epic. He says his lines as if hes reciting something poetic, and i’m sure he’d suck at that too. Johnny Depp is still an amazing actor, better back the days of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas etc though.

• Participant
        thesunsetter on #4674

I watched The Shinning Last night, which scared the hell out of me, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show this morning, which was soooo amazing, and yeah Jonny Depp was amazing in Edward Scissorhands, and in From Hell too…

• Participant
        lovewithdiamonds on #4675

Watched Sin City again yesterday…now there’s a cool movie…and how hot is Goldie?

• Participant
        maestro on #4676

Miami Vice 8)

Cut out the crappy first hour with 45 minutes of unneeded romance and you have a pretty cool movie with believable action scenes

• Participant
        thesunsetter on #4677

Bought Interview With A Vampire after Dravey’s recommendation, really great film, pleased I bought it, Antonio Bandarez, Mary James Watson and Brad Pitt 😀 as vampires, what more could you want…

• Participant
        maestro on #4678

@thesunsetter wrote:

Bought Interview With A Vampire after Dravey’s recommendation, really great film, pleased I bought it, Antonio Bandarez, Mary James Watson and Brad Pitt 😀 as vampires, what more could you want…

Doc Brown and the time machine?

• Participant
        lovewithdiamonds on #4679

The Butterfly Effect – who woulda thought Ashton Kutcher could really act?
        And he’s damned good in that flick….

• Participant
        thesunsetter on #4680

@maestro wrote:

Doc Brown and the time machine?

Wow, you actually have an extremely good point Maestro, I stan corrected…

• Participant
        lovewithdiamonds on #4681

isn’t Brad a little too much of a pretty boy to be a vampire?

• Participant
        thesunsetter on #4682

I thought he would be, but he’s really amazing in it. As he is in Seven, and Fight Club, I guess he has some good films, but still I know what you mean…

• Participant
        lovewithdiamonds on #4683

What did you think of the character he played in Snatch?
        The bare-knuckle-boxing gypsy Mickie…..

I thought he was bloody awesome – his accent is too cool…. 😉

• Participant
        sweet_divinity on #4684

Last movie I’ve seen for the first time is/was “Se7en”. Good movie, very much so.

As for the last movie I’ve seen, that was V for Vendetta on Monday night. =) Love it love it LOVE IT!!

• Participant
        thesunsetter on #4685

@LoveWithDiamonds wrote:

What did you think of the character he played in Snatch?
        The bare-knuckle-boxing gypsy Mickie…..

I thought he was bloody awesome – his accent is too cool…. 😉

Haven’t seen that yet 🙁 but I’ll keep an eye out for it. I got a copy of Scary Movie 4, uber funny film, the president scenes are great…

• Participant
        txredblood on #4686

pirates of the carribean 2-funny

V for vendetta-sweet

Hellraiser:Hellseeker-cool

• Participant
        coldblood on #4687

I went to see Eragon earlier tonight.

• Participant
        maestro on #4688

How was it?

• Participant
        robc666 on #4689

Just bought Aeon Flux which is a little weird and hard to follow, but has some cool action scenes.
        Went to the pictures the other night to see Stranger than fiction which is surprisingly good, though the premis is nothing new to me, i’ve walking round with strangers voice in my head for years.
        And i’ve also just bought Rocky Horror Picture show. It was meant to me a present for my sis but i like it too much, so i’ll give her something crappy instead.
        Just out of interest, is it wrong of me to fancy that Tim Curry guy? 😕

• Participant
        thesunsetter on #4690

Nah Tim Curry is the man. Noone can feel bad about wanting him. I just watched Freddy’s Dead, 6 done, 1 to go then I’m done the Krugeur series…

• Participant
        robc666 on #4691

Thanks for that, i feel a lot better about my disturbing attraction to him.
        And let me know what yoy think of Freddy’s Dead, i’ve only seen the first and second so i’m in need of education, cheers 🙂

• Participant
        thesunsetter on #4692

Lol, sweet. Well I thought Freddy’s Dead was probably the worst out of the first 6. It was good and had alot of background on Freddy but it was just very boring and slow. Although there was a small role Alice Cooper plays which was great. In my humble opinion the third was the best so far but I’ve enjoyed them all. Just got Wes Craven’s New Nightmare left and then I’ll have to watch them again…

• Participant
        robc666 on #4693

Thanks. I’ve just finished watching the three Cube films. Have you seen them and if you have what did you think of them?

• Participant
        maestro on #4694

While i don’t count them to the must have seen films in the universe or would zap away from anything short of soaps to see them, i personally liked the hypercube one most, though part one had the nice egg-cutter effect. Hypercube explained the backgrounds of the cube project better if i remember right.

• Participant
        coldblood on #4695

I thought eragon was ok. i cant really say for sure because i didnt read the book. but it wasnt complete crap.

• Participant
        robc666 on #4696

which cube film was the strange one where the cube is actually an other dimension or something. I have a tendency to get them all mixed up.

• Participant
        zek on #4697

[The last film i watched was children of men. 😆

• Participant
        insidedistuo on #4698

I absolutely LOVE RHPS……. Tim Curry is very hot and a great actor…. 8) The last movie I saw in theatre was 300…. It was great ……..
        I hear hell boy 2 is on the way… and 2009 offers a LOT of great movies…
        IO

• Participant
        mellenoire on #4699

Hi !

The last movie, I have seen in the cinema, was DIE HARD 4.0…
        Really cool :))))

Dark Greetings 🙂
        Melle ^v^

• Participant
        nos4-a2 on #4700

Just saw the Friday the 13th Remake, and was suprisingly pleased. It was just a respectably fun slasher film which didn’t try to re-imagine or screw with the Jason legend. It was kinda nice. Far superior to that POS Halloween Remake Rob Zombie did, in my humble opinion.

• Participant
        necromancerza on #4701

The Happening … it was not

• Participant
        maestro on #4702

@Robc666 wrote:

which cube film was the strange one where the cube is actually an other dimension or something. I have a tendency to get them all mixed up.

Cube 2 – Hypercube.
        A Hypercube has other dimensions: it’s an n-dimensional cube which if i remember right the movie mixed up with one dimension beeing time so the characters could meet themselves at another point in time.

A 3d projection of a 3+d Hypercube looks like this:

[wikipedia]

Anyway, the new Underworld movie sucked major vampire balls

• Participant
        necromancerza on #4703

The First Cube was the best imo.

Enjoy

• Participant
        nazli on #4704

very las movie i seen was Cradle of Fear with Danny Filth of the band Cradle of Filth and well it kiinda sucked 🙁

it started out okay and awesome, but eventually it lost its meaning and
        became totally pointless…..literally.

two hours of bullocks.
        dreadful.
        BUT—if you like gore,blood and guts,and goth films [like me] its good, the meaning was just pointless ^_^

• Participant
        necromancerza on #4705

I have not watched he movie “Deadgirl” yet .. but these flies entertained me for like 5 mins … http://www.deadgirlmovie.com/

Viewing 48 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar