general forums restart

Posted In: general chat forum

• Participant
    maestro on #144

ok, obviously the old posts cannot be saved as we have tried it for more than a week now, due to the problem of the old posts flooding a new topic i now erased all old posts out of the database after making a complete backup, so they can probably be restored later on

the post numbers indicate there was activity on this board before – and so there will be activity again, soon we will have enough new posts to keep everyone too busy reading them, so noone will have time to go through the old ones anyway.

i apologize for this inconvenience, but hope you people are sufficiently pleased by the new look of the forums to know why the upgrade ( which not only repaired the forums, which were much more broken that you could see from the outside but finally made possible the use of the new theme, which was not able to be applied on earlier forums versions) seemed necessary to me.

in other words: these are the new forums, use them or leave it – i can give you a backup of your old posts so you can nail them on your wall if you want to 8)

Participant
    imported_noodle on #1378

@maestro wrote:

ok, obviously the old posts cannot be saved as we have tried it for more than a week now, due to the problem of the old posts flooding a new topic i now erased all old posts out of the database after making a complete backup, so they can probably be restored later on

the post numbers indicate there was activity on this board before – and so there will be activity again, soon we will have enough new posts to keep everyone too busy reading them, so noone will have time to go through the old ones anyway.

i apologize for this inconvenience, but hope you people are sufficiently pleased by the new look of the forums to know why the upgrade ( which not only repaired the forums, which were much more broken that you could see from the outside but finally made possible the use of the new theme, which was not able to be applied on earlier forums versions) seemed necessary to me.

in other words: these are the new forums, use them or leave it – i can give you a backup of your old posts so you can nail them on your wall if you want to 8)

The new forums look quite good actually.. Once you get over the splashes of colour. 😛

Participant
    darkpanic on #1379

It’s definitely an improvement. One thing, though. The top banner bit, with the huge black space. You should modify the image http://www.vampyres.tk/nuke/html/themes/VTKpurple/images/header/ClanMts-hd_19.gif to have a “Vampires.tk forums” logo on it or something… It looks pretty crappy for it to be all empty like that. *Shrug*

Participant
    maestro on #1380

thanks man, i didnt think about that 😀

Participant
    darkpanic on #1381

No problem, glad to help. 🙂

E-mail me at [email protected] (change the “0” [zero] to a “o” [the letter o] before using that address.. just to stop the webcrawler programs from picking up my e-mail and subscribing it to spam lists ;)) if you have any stuff you need doing, if you’re still looking for volunteers to help out with the site that is? 8)

Participant
    maestro on #1382

first and foremost i need people who bring activity to the boards and the chat, get this thing running, it’s not so much an admin task but more a promotion kinda thing i guess..

if you have any comments post em along…we have now several new boards for that and other stuff

and if you happen to know some good php gallery script let me know 😈

Participant
    maestro on #1383

ok no need for a php gallery anymore, we have one here 😀

Participant
    darkpanic on #1384

@maestro wrote:

ok no need for a php gallery anymore, we have one here 😀

Great! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share.

About Author

Chris Maestro runs the Death Star this website. Everyone wants to challenge him to a fight to the death.

Skip to toolbar